2013년 3월 1일 금요일

Contour Picasso Drawing #2




Upside-down drawing is a technique used when drawing with the right side of the brain.

The left side of the brain processes visual cues, interpreting them as familiar patterns and

symbols. By turning the reference picture upside down, it becomes unrecognizable, and

the right side of the brain is forced to see the lines, shapes, and spaces, instead of the

object as a whole.

Turn it upside down, you can begin drawing from the top, the bottom, the left, or right --

any way you draw it will help you improve your skills. Upside down drawing is a fascinating

study of learning to see the way an artist sees, while not actually identifying what you are

depicting or seeing.

The grid method helps to reproduce or enlarge an image that you want to draw. The

grid method can be a fairly time-intensive process, depending on how large and detailed

your drawing will be. While the process is not as quick as using a projector or transfer

paper, it does have the added benefit of helping to improve your drawing and

observational skills. Once you finish your composition, you will be in perfect proportion.

When I was working on my composition, one of the things I enjoyed the most was the

different ways to see or be available for trainee artists. Nothing gave me more of a thrill

than to finish up with a good reproduction when I knew I couldn't draw it if I tried. It was

the first upside down drawing that I ever did and not only did I enjoy it but it also

introduced this artistic hobby into my life.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기